Colosseum, Roman Forum, Capitoline Hill, the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica in two days! Posted on January 10th, 2013 by

We have been busy the past two days in Rome. Yesterday, we studied ancient Rome by visiting the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Capitoline Museums. Today, we focused on the historical impact of classical Rome on Renaissance artists beginning with the Proto-Renaissance “Stefaneschi Triptych” by Giotto and ending in the Sistine Chapel with works by  a variety of Renaissance painters including Botticelli, Ghirlandaio, Perugino and Michelangelo.

Inside the Colosseum

Giolitti's

Enjoying the best gelato in Rome at Giolitti’s

Discussing the Arch of Constantine
Discussing the Arch of Constantine

Students listen to our Italian guide, Irene, as she discusses Bernini's Baldacchino in St. Peter's Basilica

Students listen to our Italian guide, Irene, as she discusses Bernini’s Baldacchino in St. Peter’s Basilica

Colosseum

1. Mary Joos says:

We’ll be right behind you with Olympic Quest! Thanks for sharing your pictures. Have fun!

2. jean Boothe says:

Hi Lisa, These are good pictures and I recognized her right away. I know she is having a time and I thank you for sending them. When we get our computer cleaned up so we can print I will print them.
    Have a really nice day. Today was beautiful but tomorrow looks questionable.
    Got to go and trim Gary’s hair and them get ready for bed and do some reading. love Jean

3. Lisa Holmes says:

I apologize for the previous comment. My mother-in-law did not quite understand about this blog. I will explain it to her about about the blog concept. Again, sorry.