Earthquakes and such Posted on March 11th, 2011 by

So if you’ve been keeping up to date with the news in the past 24ish hours, you’ve probably heard that there was an 8.9 magnitude earthquake off the coast of Japan. The Tohoku region (northeastern part) of the country was affected the worst, and the Tokyo area is also in pretty bad shape the last I heard.

Out here in Aichi, we felt a little bit of it. I was walking to the station on my way home from school when I suddenly felt dizzy and disoriented. I couldn’t walk in a straight line either, so I was pretty confused. I only realized it was an earthquake when I noticed the wires above me swaying a lot. I didn’t realize how big it was, though, until I got home and heard the news.

But yes, I am okay. I saw some footage of the tsunami and that was really scary. I know there have been rumors of a “Tokai Earthquake” that is supposed to happen in the Nagoya area, and I really really hope it doesn’t hit. At all. That would be nice.

Either way, I hope that the people in Tohoku and Kanto can pull through fast. I think this earthquake has put everyone on edge.

1. Jill Fischer says:

Hi Jasmine, We are so happy to hear that you and the other Gusties in Japan are safe, but we are thinking and praying for you all.