Beautiful Sights Posted on January 29th, 2015 by

Today was a day of beautiful sights (and beautiful weather). We drove to the Alps and stopped at some churches, castles, and even an Olympic stadium while we were there. We got lucky with great weather – a perfect winters day.

The first castle we visited was Linderhoff Palace. It was King Ludwig II’s hunting castle.

image

Then we went to Neuschwanstein Castle which was also buit for King Ludwig II however he died before it was finished. We took a tour of the  gorgeous palace. It is very ornate – there’s so much detail put into everything. The biggest thing for me was the fact that it was bulit in the 1800s. Coming from America where there isn’t any royalty I tend to think of royalty as a pre-1700s form of government, but here in Germany not having a king is quite new. I wish I could have taken picture of the inside of this amazing castle but it wasn’t allowed so I guess you’ll have to settle for my selfie with the outside.

image

We also visited Wieskirch (church in the meadow) today. All the churchs here are so beautiful and ornate. It’s hard to imagine going to a chuch like that every Sunday. I would have trouble paying attention– too much beautiful art to admire.

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

Today we also stopped in Garmisch-Partenkirchen for dinner, but before dinner we got to stop and see the Olympic Ski Jump Stadium which was pretty neat. (If you can’t tell by the picture I had ice cream for dessert – some others had apple strudel).

image

image

image

Overall it was good day. It’s hard to believe that we only have one more day here in this amazing country. Hopefully I will make it back here one day.

1. Aunt Stacie says:

Great post and photos!